One of the best-selling products in the cat healthcare product category, read our Feliway Cat Diffuser review
Cats — especially indoor cats — can become stressed for many different reasons, and as an owner it’s sometimes hard to identify just what has caused your cat to become distressed and unhappy. A result of this can be a change in behaviour, which can manifest itself in a number of different ways and which the Feliway Cat Diffuser aims to solve:
- Scratching: You cat may start to scratch furniture, displaying a destructive streak not seen before
- Hiding: Hiding under a bed or furniture and spending less time with you
- Fighting: In a multi-cat household, cats may start to chase and fight each other
- Loss of appetite: You cat may start leaving its food, or beg for food at odd times of the day
- Over-grooming: Your cat may start to lick itself and groom much more than usual, which can result in excessive hairballs
Enter the Feliway Cat Diffuser
When your cat feels safe in its environment, it often rubs its head against furniture, walls or the objects (and sometimes even its owners!), leaving facial pheromones on the surfaces. Feliway is an artificial copy of this pheromone and has been proven to reassure and comfort cats, helping them to cope with changes in their environment.
Developed after years of veterinary research, Feliway is scientifically proven to help stop unwanted behaviour in cats.
The Feliway Diffuser continuously releases the comforting facial pheromone throughout the home.
Why use the Feliway Cat Diffuser?
We found after moving house that our cats had become slightly distracted and appeared to show signs of stress. One in particular was repeatedly scratching at furniture and both seemed to be slightly off their food and more prone to fighting. Rather than wait and see if their behaviour improved, we decided to give the Feliway Cat Diffuser a go.
Using the Feliway Cat Diffuser
Using the Feliway Cat Diffuser is easy, and we made sure to follow the recommended usage guidelines:
How to use the Feliway Cat Diffuser:
- Removal the refill vial cap.
- Screw refill vial onto diffuser unit.
- Plug the diffuser into an electric socket.
- Leave the diffuser switched on continuously.
- Diffuser refill should last 4 weeks
- It covers an area of 50-70m2
- Do not plug in behind a door, curtain or behind/underneath furniture.
In actual use we found that the refill lasted slightly more than the advertised 4 weeks, which was an added bonus. The instructions were easy to follow and setting up the diffuser with the refill couldn’t be easier.
We found the Feliway Cat Diffuser really beneficial to our cats, and within a day or two of plugging it in noticed a significant decrease in behaviour such as scratching, fighting and other signs of stress.
The diffuser isn’t the cheapest, but the refill packs are more affordable and one diffuser is enough for a typical flat or small house. Overall we’d definitely recommend the Feliway Cat Diffuser, and you can buy it using the links below:
Enjoyed this article? Sign up to our newsletter!
Sign up to our FREE newsletter to receive notifications on popular articles, news, products and cat-related offers!